What pensions in Ukraine are subject to indexation
In accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 168 of February 24, 2023, the recalculation of pensions is carried out using an increase factor of 1.197, that is, the amount of the pension supplement will be 19.7% of the amount of the pension received. This means that the larger the pension, the larger the amount of the increase the pensioner should receive.
Minimum pensions that are received by persons who have reached retirement age, but do not have the necessary insurance experience, and therefore receive social benefits. Previously, such payments were revised only along with an increase in the subsistence minimum, which is growing more slowly than indexation. That is, the minimum pension in Ukraine will be: UAH 2,093 (minimum pension as of January 1, 2023) + 19.7% = UAH 2,505.32.
Pensions for persons to whom such a pension was assigned under the Law of Ukraine “On Compulsory State Pension Insurance” until 2020.
Pensions for pensioners of law enforcement agencies:
- persons who were in military service;
- service in the internal affairs bodies;
- National Police;
- National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine;
- Judicial Security Service;
- state fire protection;
- State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine;
- bodies and divisions of civil protection;
- Bureau of Economic Security of Ukraine;
- State Penitentiary Service of Ukraine.
Disability pensions due to injury or illness due to the Chernobyl disaster.
Monthly compensation payments, appointed at the initiative of the President, for pensioners over 70 years old, which are established if the pension of such pensioners does not reach UAH 10-340:
UAH 570 — for people over 80;
456 UAH – for people aged 75 – 80 years;
300 UAH – people aged 70 – 75 years.
Monthly insurance payments for victims and other persons entitled to such payments in the event of the death of the victim.
- How to calculate the size of your future pensionswhen in Ukraine in 2023 new requirements for the experience of Ukrainians were introduced.