Armenian Foreign Ministry believes that Baku is preparing a new aggression against Yerevan
Azerbaijan, with its statements and actions, is preparing for a new aggression against Yerevan. This is stated in the statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia, published on Saturday, March 18, on the website of the department.
It says that “by its aggressive words and actions, Azerbaijan is preparing for genocide against the Armenians of Nagorno-Karabakh.” The ministry referred to the words of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev. He spoke in the village of Talysh in Nagorno-Karabakh and said that “there will be no peace agreement”, indicated at the Armenian Foreign Ministry. They reminded that the Armenian population of the region left this settlement.
The department believes that “Azerbaijan is doing everything to make peace in the region impossible.” Baku violates all previously concluded agreements, the Armenian Foreign Ministry added.
President of Azerbaijan previously hoped that 2023 will be a breakthrough year in the normalization of relations between Yerevan and Baku. Aliyev also noted the special role of Russia in helping to resolve the situation between the two countries.
Baku and Yerevan previously agreed on the main points of the peace treaty. At the end of October 2022, a trilateral meeting of the leaders of Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan took place. As a result, a joint statement was published. Baku and Yerevan agreed to refrain from using force. The leaders of the three countries also reaffirmed their commitment to the agreements of November 9, 2020. It was noted that the signing of a peace treaty between Armenia and Azerbaijan will be facilitated by the Russian Federation.